Home Featured Aqua for Life: Know how much Water is Required by Men and Women Bodies

Aqua for Life: Know how much Water is Required by Men and Women Bodies

by Nutrition24seven Desk

Water is no less than an elixir for health. However, you may find different experts holding different opinions on how much water must be consumed in a day. We must be aware of the fact that not only under consumption but, over consumption of water can also be harmful for your body. Also remember that if you are someone who exercises daily, then you should drink more water. Similarly,  those suffering with the kidney infection are advised to drink less water. Let us get a deeper insight of how much water a woman and a man must intake on an average.

The amount of water to be consumed in a day, varies from person to person. According to the Mayo Clinic, an adult man should consume about 15.5 cups (3.7 litres) of fluids per day and an adult woman must drink about 11.5 cups (2.7 litres) of fluids in a day. Here, ‘fluids’ also includes beverages other than water. Do you know! That 20% of the fluid reaches your body through food and the rest 80% through water or other beverages.

Also read: Weightloss drinks and tips that can help you to lose weight

Drink water by weight

Researches have revealed that every person should drink one litre of water for every 20kg of their body weight. For instance, if your weight is 70 kg, then according to this one litre formula, you must drink at least 3.5 litres of water. Similarly, if you weigh 80 kgs, then you should drink four litres of water throughout the day.  But, if you exercise and sweat, then you have to drink more water than this average quantity.

Water habits change seasonally

Read more: Secret Benefits of Drinking Cold Water Every Once In A While

How much water we actually drink depends on the environment, climate, and weather. If you live in a humid or hot climate, you will sweat a lot. In such a situation, to avoid dehydration, drink more and more water.

If you have a bladder infection or a kidney stone, then in these cases you need to be more careful and must abide by the instructions of a doctor. Apart from this, the amount of water also depends on pregnancy etc. If you drink too much water, the kidneys cannot filter it.

Leave a Comment

* By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.